Whilst I'm waiting for my resin to arrive I got on with some more little bits and pieces. First up, I got a steering wheel picked out:
Pedals installed - the foot-shaped one is from Replicas and Miniatures, and I made the brake from scratch:
They make some nice stuff!
I was also waiting for an oval stencil to come so I could make a porthole in the partition - kind of a reference to the side portholes on the Paddy Wagon. I scored it out, and added a lip of thin styrene sheet:
Added some bars, to stop the passengers getting to the guys in the front
And now the partition's done I can start to piece the body together, slowly:
And a quick mock up, to keep me motivated and make sure everything fits ok. Looks cool, I think!!
Made a little more progress on this thing - each step takes a little while because I'm building most of it from sheet or bar. First up, I got the body assembled finally:
Made a billy-club looking shifter...I'm going to use some mini o-rings to make a grip for it once it's painted:
Did some work on shaping and tidying up the ornate suspension linkages and figuring out how they'll mount on the chassis:
Once I'd got the body assembled I could start making some upholstery for the interior:
I'm starting to get close to being able to get some paint on this thing! I'm thinking a pearl candy blue for the body, and I want to try a kinda satin-gold-chrome for the chassis and drivetrain if I can figure it out. More soon!