I've spent the last week or so prepping all the parts for paint - so nothing super interesting to show for the most part, but I'm getting to the point where some parts are in paint and drying or about to be in paint...so it'll start coming together now!
I got the frame painted - went with a gunmetal metallic for that:
Got the dash painted (and fitted that tiny speedo and fitted the tiny PR ring around it):
And I used these photetch seatbelt parts, and this Michael's ribbon...
To make some seatbelts:
The color of the ribbon material was a little light for my liking, so I used this knock-off Sharpie from the Chinese pharmacy near me to darken them up a bit (bottom one is original color, top three are the Sharpie'd color):
This weekend's project is to get the dash finished up with toggle switches, master cut off switch, and ignition key (with key fob!)
Did some work on the dash this week - got the toggle switch and key in there:
Made some plug boots and got the engine wired (except for the coil, which I still need to paint), having added the aluminum inspection cover (held on with RB Motion bolts):
Used some more of those RB Motion bolts on this bit too:
Those little bolts are addictive to use!
I added some detail to the trans too, with some linkages and bolts and stuff to replicate the 1:1...most of this will be hidden anyway but I thought it would be cool that if you DID turn the model over or look down the trans tunnel you could spot this stuff anyway:
This side I'm particularly pleased with...about ten parts on this side alone!
And today I'm going to watch the Formula 1 and work on finishing adding the other belts for the seat and getting the interior tub painted. More soon!