Post by stevielewis on May 22, 2020 7:09:55 GMT -5
I started this kit two years ago before moving, twice. Yesterday the weather was halfway decent and I finally got a base coat of gloss White sprayed on the body. My roommate, who paints gaming miniatures, did the painting on the driver figure for me. I think he turned out pretty good. I hope to get this build finished this year. Here are a couple photos I took this morning...
This will not be the final color of the van. Hoping to do something special for it.
Post by stevielewis on May 30, 2020 15:28:12 GMT -5
Hey guys, I got some more painting done on my Deal's Wheels Van. I went with a color scheme that I saw online of a shortened VW van that I liked. I painted the roof Yellow a couple of days ago. This morning I painted the lower half of the van body Yellow. I have kept the interior walls gloss White to help scatter light around. I painted the dashboard the same color Yellow as the exterior Yellow. I'm pretty sure I will be painting the bench seat a Tan or Brownish Tan color to give it a little variety inside. Here are a few pics I took earlier today after I removed all the tape I used to cover the white. Enjoy!
Post by stevielewis on Jun 10, 2020 9:07:21 GMT -5
I got a little more done on this build. These pics show that I have added or temporarily added some of the exterior items to the van. Right now the tail lights have been permanently added to the body. I stripped the chrome and painted them yellow to blend in with the body. The lenses are painted flat red with clear gloss over the red. Up front the head light housings and lens covers are temporarily glued on using white glue. the mirrors are pressed fit into the mounting holes. The VW logo I used from the Der Beatle Bus kit. Stripped the chrome and painted it yellow. I may make some Nerf Bars for the bumper holes. In back I need to add the "T" door handles yet and the exhaust pipe. Here is how it looks so far:
Post by stevielewis on Jun 14, 2020 6:40:41 GMT -5
I'm almost finished with this build. Yesterday I decided to use the front bumper from the Der Beatle Bus kit. I removed the mounting part using a razor saw. I modified the bumper by shortening it and cutting the ends back so they didn't contact the front tires. I used two different size rod and tubing that fit the holes in the front body. Once I got the bumper to fit the width of the front, I super glued the rod and tubing in the holes and then super glued the bumper to those. I think it turned out ok. Here is a pic showing the bumper in place. I also glued the mirrors on the doors, windshield (after it was modified for the sunroof), the exhaust pipe and "T" door handles on the back.
I'll post better pics once I finish this up. Thanks for looking.