I bought this off eBay the other day; it's an ugly thing, but we'll see what I can make of it. I plan to restore it to more-or-less stock(ish). Three of the wheels are missing, so I plan to use Baja Humbug wheels and tires, since I have a spare Humbug lying around. I'm also adapting a few bits from a Polar Lights Willys, notably the rear axle and probably the traction bars. Interestingly, the distributor and spark plugs are pre-drilled (!).
So far, I've got the body halves glued together and puttied (it was originally held together with five tiny screws!) and the body has had its first coat of primer. I'm sure it'll need many more before I'm done. I've figured out how to mount the Baja Humbug wheels, and still have to fabricate a spoiler (the original has a Superbird type spoiler, which is missing on mine) a missing pectoral fin, and a new dorsal fin..
For paint, I'm thinking Mako Shark blue-over-silver. But we'll see.